Our experience of managing literally hundreds of differently configured IT environments means that we are well placed to understand how best to configure infrastructure for an individual client seeking our advice.
Our consultants and senior engineers are well qualified to benchmark your IT environment against industry best practice and emerging technology opportunities.
The core aim of a Fible infrastructure audit is to deliver back a report and set of recommendations outlining the current position, identifying shortfalls and risks, and suggesting future improvements.
We also understand that benchmarking against the “ideal” is only useful up to a point. As business pragmatists, we recognise that useful recommendations must also consider cost (and return on investment) in addition to technical specification and performance.
There are two threads to an Fible infrastructure audit.
First, typically via interviews with senior managers, we ensure that we understand your business, its history, its future goals, and the reasons for its current structure. Then, via interviews with a business-wide range of stakeholders, we ensure that we fully understand how your IT infrastructure is used to deliver your product or service, and to assist those working in your key support functions.
At this point, we often carry out employee surveys. These help us to understand internal user needs, along with views on the quality of the existing IT infrastructure and the way it is managed and supported day to day.
“We don’t simply do a technical audit, but survey staff to gauge their opinions towards the reliability of their systems. Our aim is to ensure the customer is happy.”
(Stavros, Fible IS Senior Consultant)
The second thread is the technical audit itself. The Fible senior engineers who carry out the audit are all qualified experts in the areas they explore and document. Fible people are well versed in all aspects of IT infrastructure including server platforms, firewalls, LAN infrastructure, storage environments, WAN design and related third party applications and hardware.
The value of our process lies in bringing these two threads together. As well as reviewing the technical health of your current IT assets, we consider how well suited this infrastructure is to your business and its goals (bearing financial realities in mind at all times).
We then work with you to decide which recommendations to implement. If required, we can plan, document and execute the all or part of the implementation process.
There are a number of reasons why clients trust us to carry out infrastructure reviews:
- We balance commercial insight with technical understanding.
- We focus on the ways in which technology can be harnessed to deliver commercial results.
- We are consultative: our view is that the best solutions come from listening fully to our clients and their individual needs.
- We take it as given that every organisation is different (and that, therefore, every infrastructure solution needs to be individualised also).
- We take a partnership approach to delivery: working with you to ensure that recommendations are practical and deliverable.
- We offer impartial advice and can support this advice with executional services that cover implementation, support and training.
- We are obsessed by rigorous, high quality documentation. In work of this nature, the devil is the detail. So we focus on the crucial minutiae as well as the big picture.